"If you take out a trash can, you should also be taking out a recycling bin."
Residential Recycling in Media
Single Stream Recycling:
Residential recycling in Media Borough is “Single Stream.” All the different recycled materials are collected together in one truck by our recycling contractor, B & L Disposal (Creative Waste Solutions). They are taken to Omni Recycling Facility for sorting and bundling and then are sold to companies that re-process the items into raw materials that can be used by manufacturers. If you have questions about recycling in Media, please contact the Borough at 610-566-5210, ext. 249.
Media Borough recycles weekly. The west side of the Borough (Jackson Street and west) is collected on Tuesdays. The east side of the Borough (everyone east of Jackson Street) is collected on Thursdays. If collection falls on New Year's Day, Independence Day, or Christmas, the Recycling will be collected on the next scheduled recycling collection day.
All recyclables go in the bright green Media Borough recycling container.
If your recycling is not collected please contact the Borough at 610-566-5210. You may also call our contracted hauler, B&L Disposal, directly at 484-326-9774.
How to Recycle
- Recyclables are commingled in the recycling container.
- Glass containers-remove lids and caps. Labels are okay. Rinse and place in the recycling container.
- Metal containers-rinse and drain. Place in the recycling container.
- Plastic containers-remove lids. Labels are okay. Rinse, and place in the recycling container. Flatten to save space.
- Please, No Plastic Bags or Liners in the Recycling Bin.
Where to Recycle
Place the green Media Borough recycling bin at your curbside.
If You Miss a Curbside Collection: Paper is collected at Abitibi Paper Retriever dumpsters at Media schools and other locations. Drop-off locations for cardboard and other materials may be found by going to the Earth 911 and Rabbit Recycling offer ways to recycle other materials.
Green Recycling Bins Available: Recycling Bins are available at the Media Borough Offices, second floor, Media Borough Hall. Stop by between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to pick one up.
Other Recycling Information
- Apartment Recycling
- Commercial Recycling
- Yard Waste and Food Scraps
- Christmas Tree Composting
- Hard-to-Recycle Items: Earth911
- Hazardous Household Waste
- Facebook page
- Delaware County Solid Waste Authority - The Delaware County Solid Waste Authority collects Hazardous Household Waste four times a year, running from 9 am to 3 pm at each event. They do not accept latex paint or electronics. For more information go to their website.
- Recycling Household Items