Media Borough Council hired engineering firm Traffic Planning and Design in fall of 2019, to work with borough staff, officials and residents to create a plan to increase safety for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists.
Specific project goals included:
- create safe and attractive streets for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists
- make streets more accessible to people of all ages and abilities
- reduce the negative effects of motor vehicles on the environment
- mitigate the negative impacts of heavy traffic on pedestrians
- improve the perception of safety on Media streets
- enhance the livability of Media Borough
The final plan was completed in December 2020, and includes an Appendix with comments from the November 18, 2020 Public Meeting.
Media Street Murals
One of the recommendations of the 2020 Traffic Calming Plan is to install vivid "Street Murals" in intersections where cars do not stop or speed through. The first Street Mural was painted as a community-participation project at the intersection of Third and Jackson Streets in fall 2021.
Street Mural Painting Parties are planned for key intersections in the borough. Visit the Borough Calendar for up to date details.