During snow emergencies, residents are reminded to properly clear sidewalks of any ice and snow. Failure to clear sidewalks of snow and ice as outlined in the borough code 253-46 could result in fines levied.
Parking on snow emergency routes is also prohibited during snow emergencies.
Snow Emergency Routes
After any snow emergency is declared, it shall be unlawful, at any time during the continuance of the emergency, for any person:
- To park a motor vehicle or to allow that vehicle to remain parked anywhere on any snow emergency route designated pursuant to § 291-47; or
- To drive any motor vehicle on any such snow emergency route unless that vehicle is equipped with snow tires or chains.
Name of Street & Location
- Franklin Street-From Gayley Street to Jackson Street, the south side of the street only
- Franklin Street-From Jackson Street to Olive Street, the north side of the street only
- Front Street- From Monroe Street to Providence Road, the north side of the street only
- Front Street-From Orange Street to Monroe Street, the south side of the street only
- Jefferson Street - Entire length of 400 block of W Jefferson, west side only
- Monroe Street-From South of 6th Street, southward to Jefferson Street. West side only in between Franklin Street and Jefferson Street.
- Orange Street-Entire length
- Plum Street-Entire length of 300 blocks of S Plum Street
- Providence Road-Entire length
- State Street-Entire length
- Taylor Street-Entire length
- Veterans Square-Baltimore Avenue to Front Street